Plato's Closet/Claire's Cornercopia

Thursday, June 19, 2014




Me and Christina went thrifting at Plato's closet last week.

The selection was a little lack luster, except in the men's section, but I managed to scrounge up a few things. That is what I got

Plato's Closet: Pink Floyd T-shirt (Men's section) $3, Baroque A-line Skirt $6, Black/gold Belt $3, Black Satchel $10

We went to the Yale/New Haven area, which I love; it has a bit of a downtown Brooklyn feel (my hometown), with awesome eateries and shops.



This is Claire's, a really cool vegetarian restaurant that we decided to try; I really loved the feel of the place.


The deserts were really cute and yummy looking, but I decided not to indulge.









I borrowed a piece of the ricotta cheese cake--SO good.

Felafels and a salad on a whole wheat flat bread.

I got a soy chicken curry salad sandwich; it was a little too sweet, but it was good--I love trying new vegetarian foods.




Love this photo of Tina!




Shirt - Thrifted, Ombre jeans - GoJane, Doc Martens - Ebay, Rings - Jewelry Stands


Finally I did a proper post of myself and my day! It's been a long time since I have and as you can see, I am loving this new lens almost a little too much. I really loved thrifting and trying a new restaurant that day; the food was different, but not in a bad way. I'm glad that we did not just go to Chipotle and Starbucks like I wanted to, because you can go to there like anywhere in the US. I liked Claire's I give it  One thing I did not like was the combination of sweet with the soy chicken salad and I don't think my stomach agreed with it either. I do love the location, the atmosphere, and the decor. I would definitely go back, but for something savory or for dessert and homemade beverage. 
New Haven is one place that I have seen in Connecticut that has the pedestrian friendly, eclectic mix of shops and restaurants that is a little reminiscent of New York and I love going there for a day trip or to go out to dinner. I had an awesome time, as I always do with Tina! I can't wait to do share my summer; I plan on posting a ton! There's nothing I love more than blogging in the summertime, as long as it's not sweltering hot!

Later,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment